Wednesday 26 August 2015

Becoming a mum

I have not been on here for ages and that's because my child was born (good enough excuse.) She is nearly 12 weeks old now and before I no it she will probably be a year! Yes it has been extremely hard work and everything is true what they say for example: get as much sleep as you can in pregnancy. I hate the saying "sleep when the baby sleeps" because it, for me, is impossible. I can not sleep during the day therefore am just constantly tired and just surviving off about 3-4 hours sleep a day, which isn't too bad considering when she was new born it was 1-2 hours. Occasionally I might get more when my mum helps out which is always a bonus, but I'm getting used to it and obviously it's all worth it!
However it is a struggle, I'm not going to lie, being a single parent is bloody hard. Putting every bit of energy and time you have into being the best you can be at bringing her up and supporting her every step of the way. It's just the times when you wish you had someone beside you, helping you out, enjoying the moments and memories, seeing their first smile and making you both laugh as proud parents, having someone to share the night feeds, equaling out everything in the up bringing, and enjoying family days out. But this is not the case unfortunately but you just learn to live the best way you can. I am just extremely blessed that I am able to have the gift of a child no matter how hard it is, because their are women out there who can't have that. It is just unfortunate for me because I thought I was in a great relationship and we both felt the same joy about having a baby until three months in and he cheats. But, like my tattoo says, everything happens for a reason and I always believe in this to help me through the dark days. Like they also say: "you always feel worse when you've had no sleep" well this couldn't be more real. Everything seems ten times worse when you are tired, therefore you just have to think that you are only feeling down because you are exhausted with no sleep, and things will get better! Thinking about the future and my child's feelings are also a big scare but to be honest there is no way that she won't see and appreciate everything I have done for her and her upbringing. I hate judgmental people-always looking down on me because I'm a "single mum" and wasn't "ready for a child" and are "too young." But in matter of fact I do the very best I can do in a rubbish situation. Yes I was in a relationship- I did get pregnant not planned, (shocker) but at the end of the day she's my world and she is my happiness and the reason I carry on going everyday. It is not my fault that the father did something unexpected and unforgivable, but that hasn't stopped me giving her everything she needs and will for the rest of her life, and I will work every single penny for her to make sure she can live the best life she can. I am extremely lucky to have my family around to help, and my daughter will see how much her Grandmother has helped out in her upbringing(she has basically been my partner-doing the dad role) and that's why family means everything to me, because you can rely on a good family no matter what and I really am blessed to have them.
I find that looking at inspirational quotes and pictures really help me out to realise I can be happy and I can get through this, and I can be a single, happy mum. They also help me out to think I will be in a happy relationship one day and I will have that amazing family with someone who will love my child just as much as me. The future doesn't look bright and hopeful right now because I don't have time for that relationship stuff but hopefully I won't get judged on "having a kid" and not being with the father. Hopefully there are still nice men out there who are interested in having that "being in love" feeling and doing all the couple things together, and then one day introducing the right person to my little girl.
I find most of my quotes on +Pinterest
My Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/char3054









No comments:

Post a Comment