Monday 25 April 2016

Finally decorated my girl's room!

I have been busy decorating the spare room in the house recently to make into my little girl's room. She never had a nursery or anything like that and she has just been in her cot next to my bed for the past ten months. But she still wasn't sleeping through the night and she was fidgeting a lot so me and my mum thought the best thing might be to finally put her in her own room, as I think I was waking her up a lot of the time as I also fidget like mad! 
She has now been in her room for the past couple of weeks and she is now sleeping really well! (touch wood). 
Obviously at first she didn't really like it and kept getting up throughout the night crying, but now she is used to it and I only have to get up a few times during the night. But she is going from 8pm-6am! So as many parents will know this is a luxury. 
I wanted to make her room with a Disney style look and just a baby pink cute look. 
The photo was made by my neighbour when Mia was born and the plaque on the wall was from Amazon where I just had to send over her details. 
This rug is perfect because the room has blue, wood flooring so obviously not really ideal for a baby girl's room. I found this rug in B&M store at Southend Airport Retail Park and it feels lovely! It was only £49.99 aswell and covers most of the floor.
A present: A bracelet with Mia's name and date of birth written on it.
This wardrobe and matching draws were from very.co.uk
I ordered this personalised wall sticker from Amazon.
I also ordered the Disney one from Amazon. They are hard work to put up because they are so fiddly but I love them because they just make the room feel more homely and they are pretty!
Mia sitting in her chair and then a teddy ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment