Sunday 20 March 2016

Amsterdam

So recently I visited Amsterdam for a short weekend with my friend for a break. Being my third time I still manage to enjoy it just as much every time. I love exploring around on the bikes and seeing all the different sights. We also visited Madame Tussauds, and Nemo (the science center) along with a handful of coffee shops. It is such a relaxing, chilled out place with lots to do. Yes smoking some weed was in the agenda, it is no big deal I'm not a drug addict, and to be honest it was a laugh! Judge me if you like but we had a hilarious time smoking it and plenty of laughs along with most people in the coffee shops (apart from the totally spaced out ones who just sit there staring for ages and not saying a word ha!) I consumed lots of food because it made my appetite crazy but I didn't mind I went there knowing I was going to eat a lot and not care too much about it! There are tons of waffle, pancake and nutella shops out there and I have a massive sweet tooth so I couldn't resist buying some. Every corner we turned we near enough saw a nutella shop, a pasta/pizza place, a hotel, a steakhouse, or a mini supermarket! The streets are so packed with all different places they just seem to squeeze everything together because it gets so busy there. Busy is definitely the word for Dam square when there are trams about, cars, and people riding bikes everywhere. You are always looking out for different things and really just trying not to get run over!
We stayed in a hotel right on a busy street above an Italian place called Hotel De Gerstekorrel. It was a nice enough hotel for a 2 star place; it had everything we needed and we didn't mind that the room was quite small and the noise was really loud from the other guests because we knew this when we booked it and we wasn't there much anyway!
Enough talking about it here are some photos of the lovely place itself:

This was on top of the science center "Nemo."It was nice to walk up there in the sun and there was a very attractive restaurant at the top where we could sit outside on the benches aswell. 
These are my new shoes from +H&M which I love and had to get in the sale only at £15!
Outfit: Jeans- +boohoo.com 
Top: +H&M 
Our not so nice view from our room.
Dam Square:

The streets ect:
Outfit: Jacket- +New Look 
Trousers: +boohoo.com 
             
Our steep stairs to our room!

No comments:

Post a Comment